Wednesday, January 19, 2011

The British Are Coming!

Since I can remember, I have always been interested in British culture. However, after studying abroad in England during college, I thought I was completely done with the place. I, being the brainiac that I am, chose to begin my abroad experience in January, yes January, of my Junior year. It was cold, wet, and dark by 4pm - no me gusta. The people weren't that friendly and I stuck out like a sore thumb. However, amongst the American girl awkwardness, I did find one thing that I particularly liked about the English: their fashion. In a nutshell, they just don't give a shit. They wear what they want, whenever they want. We definitely aren't talking about your stereotypical Burberry trench coat wearing Jude Law type either. The common person usually had an edgy hairstyle (often with a rainbow streak somewhere in there) and was wearing something an American might only wear to play "dress up" in. And that's what I liked about it. They weren't afraid to be themselves.

Because I have continued on with my British fashion love affair, I feel that I need to let you in on my two of my best "deal" websites, that just happen to be British ones. ASOS and Topshop. Most of you probably recognize Topshop because it has become fairly popular in the US, with stores opening in NYC and other major cities. ASOS is a little less common - it was introduced to me by a friend and it is a site that I visit quite often. ASOS seems to be a smidge cheaper and usually more of my style, but Topshop still rocks, nonetheless.

Here are a few pieces that I feel that you, me, and everyone else should have in their wardrobe this season:


Cream Crepe Ruffle Dress - $100
                                            www.us.topshop.com











A Wear Striped Box Tee - $27.58
             
www.us.asos.com


  ASOS Plain Drape Crop Top Dress - $68.96
                                                                                         www.us.asos.com


MOTO Blue Black Jamie Ultimate Skinny Jeans - $80
                                         www.us.topshop.com


ASOS Portfolio Clutch - $34.48
                                                                                      www.us.asos.com

Mustard Short Sleeve Cupro Tee - $65

 


Topshop gave me some tiny images. Sorry, for that.

God Save the Queen!







1 comment: